Big Knees Please - Garnerstyle

Big Knees Please

Faux Fur, Plus Size faux fur
As a kid, I remember people talking about the size of my knees.  I never had the small knees that fit perfectly into boots.  I was a softball girl and had the softball legs to match.   This trait, even back then, made it almost impossible to fit a pair of boots.  Add in the "over the knee/thigh high" boot factor and it was dang near impossible to find a pair.  Fast forward to now, it has become a lot easier to find boots that fit, but I sometimes still have to alter.  These boots come with elastic in the back and I actually altered and added some additional elastic to accommodate my calf (video coming soon). This can also easily be done at the shoe repair shop to any pair of boots.  My calves are about 22 inches and these work for 19 inch calves, so I had to add a little.   Can I just say this feels like the perfect winter club outfit?!? HA! You can only find me in the club maybe once a year when girlfriends are visiting.  But you could do you coat check, have on tights to keep warm and comfortable shoes to dance in. I'm here for it.   

Style notes:  In these Torrid boots there is an invisible platform built into the shoe.  It makes them super comfortable and decreases the incline felt by your feet.  I saw Z by Zevarra on the runway last year and loved the line. They were gracious enough to send me a couple of my favorite pieces.  The fit is true to size.  I will say that this dress is shorter than I generally wear, but with tights and the boots the length was fine.  It is a bit low-cut in the front, so the girls will be coming out to play.  HA! I posted this coat on my Facebook this weekend and everyone said it reminded them of the jacket North West wore. This one has been out for a little while. Anyway, North looked so cute.
Faux Fur, Plus Size faux fur

Faux Fur, Plus Size faux fur

Faux Fur, Plus Size faux fur
Dress - Z by Zevarra, Boots - c/o Torrid, Faux Fur - Z by Zevarra, Clutch - Twins & Twelve (bought in-store at sis' boutique), Tights - Spanx, Sunnies - Tom Ford, Belt - Torrid (similar)

No comments