A Solid Gold New Year - Garnerstyle

A Solid Gold New Year

Shoxie, Gold Dress, Plus size dress, head jewelry

Shoxie, Gold Dress, Plus size dress, head jewelry
Dress - Shoxie (sold-out), Hair Jewelry - Headline Boutique, Shoes - Shoedazzle (super old)

Auld Lang Syne (New Year's Song) - Lyrics 


Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you'll buy your pint cup !
and surely I'll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we've wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine† ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.

Feel free to brush up on your new year's song lyrics before you head out tonight. (Feel free to use this post as a cheat sheet on your phone for the lyrics.  I swear I only know the first few words of the song and I've made up the rest.  LOL.  This year I plan to sing it right.  Ever wonder what this song means.  Quite simply, you should remember old friends and the good times from the past.  I can already feel myself getting choked up.  Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year.  

Style Notes:  I decided to forgo the sequins and go with this festive gold dress from Shoxie. It's sold out now, but they may restock.  Please note that the dress is super long and will need to be hemmed.  If you are super tall - 5'11 ish or more this has plenty of length.  The hair jewelry is courtesy of Headline Boutique.  I never really get into the boho thing, but this was so cute that I had to indulge.  I love it and definitely a different look for me!

Shoxie, Gold Dress, Plus size dress, head jewelry
Happy New Year!!!



19 comments

  1. Gorgeous! That head piece... I die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous lady! Love the dress! Enjoy and HNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I really like the headpiece and dress. Happy New Year, Chastity!!! Ty for the style advice & inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solid Gold indeed. I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so amazing dress sweety! you look so beautiful!
    best wishes in 2014!

    anecia & roses ♥ blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superfab! I adore the headpiece! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look!! This dress is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you give us a pic of the shoe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the shoes worn in this post http://garnerstyle.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-day-from-mrs-valentine.html

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous!! That headpiece was made for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look, so crazy about the head jewellery
    frankaakano.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! I love this outfit, a hint of Egyptian meets the 20s!
    cookieschaosncestlavie.blogspot.com/‎

    ReplyDelete
  13. It can be nice to communicate with others wealthy dating sites that you may not be able to meet in real life. This is because there may be some things that you can talk to them about that you would not be able to say in person. This gives you more time to build a good sexual relationship and other kinks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many people hate the huge traffic of the city so bella offers female to male spa in bangalore which deliver at your location you can avoid traveling and save time as well book now.

    ReplyDelete